This gorgeous hat and mitts set is stunningly beautiful with a pattern made up of twisted stitches against a background of purls.
The sample shown is knit up in Beachcomber, one of the exclusive colorways hand dyed for us by Dream In Color. It reminds me of the pale pinks on the inside of a seashell that's been washed up on the beach. And the crown of the hat is lovely, no need for a pom to cover its perfection.
One skein of yarn will make a hat and mitts set, but if you swatch, leave it attached to ravel and re-knit!
- A detailed pattern for both the hat and mitts that walks you step by step for a foolproof finish
- 100% hand-dyed scrumptiouly soft (superwash) worsted merino wool
- Intermediate skill level
Remember, our kits come with the pattern AND yarn perfectly paired to take the guesswork out of how your project will turn out!
Learn more about the designer, Jenny Noto, here. Discover her magical world and where she gets the inspiration for her designs!
Needles are not included.
The hat requires:
- US size 7/ 4.5mm 16” circular needles
- US size 8/ 5.0mm 16” circular needles and/or dpns circular needles
The mitts require:
- US 6/ 4mm shorties, DPNs, or circular needles for magic loop method
☞ Shop fixed circular Lykke knitting needles
☞ Shop interchangeable Lykke knitting sets
The Thunderbird is a close relative of the Phoenix. They possess three pairs of powerful wings and have feathers that shimmer with cloud-like patterns. They are known to change colours as they summon storms, their iridescent feather shifting from various shades of gold to electrifying blue, to grey and silver, to white, and even to deep navy. They can sense danger and create storms as they fly.